In recent months, local businesses can check their Facebook Page . This action helps to certify that it is the company’s official page on Facebook and validating your page is the best way to do it. At the end of this article, you’ll know how to validate your page in just easy steps.
Validate Facebook Page
It is not necessary to be a great company and have several outlets for access to the Facebook Pages verification system. In principle, any local business that has a Facebook Page is able to validate its space.
blue and gray badges
Once your Facebook page will be validated, you will get a gray badge. In fact, there are two types of buttons. The blue badge is used for personalities, brands and authentic profiles.
For its part, the gray card is used for business Facebook Pages or organizations that have been authenticated. If you own a local business, so you get a gray badge.
Two validation methods
Validation can be done in two ways. You can use the phone number of the listed company or to send an official document to Facebook as a telephone bill. The simplest and quickest method is to use the company’s telephone number.
When using the telephone method, be sure to be close to your business phone. Facebook immediately call you as you press the button. Suffice it to note the four-digit code that the robot will call you. Then enter the code in the box reserved for this purpose.
If you have an automated phone system, you may need to use the method of sending an official document to Facebook.
What are the benefits to validate / authenticate your Facebook page?
According to Facebook, the authentication of a page offers three main benefits.
- Authenticated Pages will be better ranked on the search engine of Facebook.
- The badge allows subscribers of the page to be sure that they visit the authenticated area of the business or organization.
- Authenticated Pages will have quicker access to certain features.
How to validate your Facebook page
- First, go to the Settings of your page.
- On the left pane, select “General”.
- Then, in the right pane, choose “Check page.” This option should indicate that the page is not verified.
- Press the link is called “Edit”. A link that is called “Check this page” should appear. Select this link.
- It is at this stage that you must select the phone or with validation documents.
- If you chose the phone, enter your business phone number and press “Call Me Now”.
- It will do more than enter the code.
- After entering the code, press “Continue”.
- That is, your Page has been authenticated.
If instead you decided to validate your page with a document, you have to wait for Facebook turns your four-digit code that will allow you to validate your page.
This is pretty much it. Using the procedure by telephone, the procedure takes only a few minutes. So have you signed the Facebook page for your local business? Is the procedure went well? You can find further details on the validation of Facebook Pages here or send me a message if you got questions. Enjoy your day 🙂